| In the news |
Pre-prints are preliminary publications which have not yet been accepted as an article
journals, periodicals or collective publications, or they are articles which have
not yet been published in scholarly journals after having been
accepted. Articles which have been accepted often have a long time to wait before the
actual publication takes place. The purpose of pre-prints is to make the data of current research
immediately available. This has the added advantage that new insights and discoveries
are attributed to whoever has first come up with them. This site offers the possibility
to place such pre-prints, as long as they are concerned with Islamic manuscripts
or related subjects.
The following rules are observed:
1. Articles should always be uploaded as PDF in an open version, without any restriction.
Contributions which have already been published or which are presented in the lay-out
of a journal are not accepted.
2. Articles should contain as their first information whether or not they have already been
accepted by a scholarly or academic journal. If accepted it is advised that mention is made of the
name of that publication and the projected date of publication.
3. If contributions are written in a language other than English they should be preceded
by a summary in English.
4. Illustrations should be separately submitted in JPG format and be provided with a full
indication of their source in their caption. Captions should be short and succinct.
5. The date and hour of uploading is the date of publication in this pre-print site.
Pre-prints are published in reverse chronological orders (last upload comes first).
6. Publication in the site as a pre-print is done after marginal review of the contents
and the ensuing decision of acceptance. Acceptance does not imply peer review.
7. Publications offered as a pre-print should be complete and finished in themselves.
Once placed a pre-print can never be withdrawn.
8. Pre-publications are placed in this site as read-only files. Requests for printable
versions will be forwarded to the author.
9. Acceptance of a contribution to the pre-print site does not create any right to the
author of the publication towards the publisher or owner of the site. The continuity
of the site is the publisher's sole competence.
10. Opinions expressed in the contributions to this site are the sole responsibility of
Corpus of pre-prints (in reverse chronological order of submittance)
Uploads in 2009:
- Syarwan Ahmad,
'Teungku Chik Di Tiro dan Hikayat Prang Sabi' (Originally published in the newspaper
Harian Aceh Sunday, October 28, 2008, p. 6).
- Syarwan Ahmad, 'Pesona Hikayat Prang Sabi'
(originally published in the newspaper Aceh Independen, Sunday, August 3, 2008, p.3).
Uploads in 2007:
- The battle of the images.
Mecca vs. Medina in the iconography of the manuscripts of al-Jazuli's Dala'il al-Khayrat,
by Jan Just Witkam
- Gazing at the sun. Remarks on the Egyptian magician
al-Buni and his work, by Jan Just Witkam
Uploads in 2006:
- The Leiden
manuscript of the Kitab al-Musta'ini, by Jan Just Witkam
- Poverty or richness?
Some ideas about the generation of Islamic texts revisited, by Jan Just Witkam